Skrivanek s.r.o., ID: 60715235 Registered office: Na dolinách 153/22, CZ 147 00 Praha processes personal data of natural persons in accordance with the effective Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council, which from 25 May 2018 complements Czech Act No. 110/2019 Coll., on the protection of personal data, according to which we have so far fulfilled our obligations when handling personal data.
What personal data does Skřivánek s.r.o. process about its existing and potential customers from among natural persons?
- Name and surname (to address you correctly)
- Address (so that we can send you, for example, a certified translation or discount voucher)
- Phone number (so that we can call you in the course of an ongoing order and inform you, for example, that it will be completed sooner)
- e-mail address:
- so that we can choose a written form of communication about the ongoing order if we cannot reach you by phone
- so that we can send you a questionnaire about your satisfaction with our service after the delivery of an order / fulfilment of a contractual obligation
- so that you can receive information regarding our new products, services, discounts on products you previously purchased, i.e., language services, or information on changes to our opening hours or competitions regarding our products
All the above-mentioned purposes of data processing are in compliance with the Regulation. Individual purposes are fully identified and described in our Register of processing of personal data.
What principles do we follow when processing personal data?
- personal data are always processed by us in accordance with the law and newly with the EU legislation
We do not process personal data without the existence of at least one legal ground.
Our processing of personal data is carried out completely transparently and properly.
The data subjects (i.e., clients from among natural persons) whose personal data we wish to process are informed by us about how and with what safeguards we intend to continue processing the data and whether the personal data will be transferred to third parties (e.g., we must inform your lecturer about your language level or provide the translator with your original text)
- we require personal data from clients only for legitimate purposes, in a reasonable range and to the necessary extent
To help you learn a foreign language, we do not need to know your age or job position. However, if you give us this information so that we can accordingly choose the correct content of the lessons and the appropriate lecturer, it will go from us no further than to that lecturer. So do not be afraid to complete the entry questionnaire. We will secure its content.
We are aware that we may process your personal data only to the extent necessary in accordance with the specific purpose of their use and you will always know how we have handled them.
- We store and process your personal data only for the time strictly necessary with regard to the purpose of their processing.
Skrivanek s.r.o. is the administrator of your personal data and processes them only for the time strictly necessary for the fulfilment of the legal ground of the processing, and once the time limit laid down for their retention or the reasons for their processing expire, we will destroy the data in accordance with our document shredding rules.
- The processing of personal data is subject to rules ensuring their integrity, entirety, and confidentiality.
Skřivánek s.r.o. through its information security management system (we have held the ISMS certificate for a very long time) is able to protect personal data against unauthorised handling, processing, misuse, damage, destruction, or loss.
We may process your personal data on the basis of the following legal grounds:
- Consent to personal data processing (the “consent” of data subjects is a free, specific, informed, and unambiguous expression of will by which the data subject states or otherwise affirms his/her consent to the processing of their personal data)
- we will always inform you about the specific purposes of the processing of personal data and about the period for which we are going to process them
- you can withdraw your consent at any time
- you can ask for your personal data to be deleted at any time
- performance of a contract to which you are a party as the client (the so-called data subject) or negotiations and arrangements before concluding a contract in response to the client’s demand
- compliance with a legal obligation that applies to us as a data administrator and data processor (for example, the Accounting Act imposes on us the obligation to archive the tax documents on which the data subject’s name or address is indicated. Or language classes paid for from the European funds must be documented in the form of attendance sheets, where the name of the student is also included)
- processing of personal data is essential for the legitimate interest of Skrivanek s.r.o. (except for cases where these interests are overridden by the interests or fundamental rights and freedoms of you, the clients, requiring the protection of personal data, especially if these would be children)
- When persnal data are processed for direct marketing purposes, the data subject (both existing and potential client) has the right at any time to object to the processing of personal data concerning him/her for this marketing. If this objection is raised, his/her personal data will no longer be processed for this purpose (=> article 12).
How do we collect personal data?
We collect the personal data of natural persons exclusively from information provided voluntarily during our mutual contact with the data subjects. Some personal data can be obtained from public registries or websites of subjects or relevant businesses. When obtaining such data, we then contact the data subject to obtain their consent to receive news from us. We do not support trading in personal data and we do not contact potential customers based on personal information obtained illicitly.
We acquire and process personal data of our clients primarily to fulfil the legal or statutory obligations laid down by the legislation of the Czech Republic and the European Union. The secondary purpose is the operation and development of the company in relation to our clients in cases where the transmission of personal data is necessary for the provision of services (e.g., the language level of students or sending completed orders by e-mail). We also collect data to continually improve our range of services to meet the broadest needs of all existing and new clients. The security of your personal data is our priority.
We successfully obtained certification of the information security management system according to ISO/IEC 27001 in 2012. Therefore, we can assure you that your data are safe with us. We protect data and personal information using state-of-the-art technology and in accordance with the standard, compliance with which is reviewed annually via internal as well as external audits.
Do we provide the personal data of our clients to anyone?
Based on a lawful statutory reason, we may provide your personal data to the following entities:
- State authorities, state and public administration authorities, if a legal obligation to provide them arises.
Based on the fulfilment of contractual obligations, to our suppliers, with whom we have concluded processing contracts:
- The translator reads and translates your text
- The lecturer can send you homework or a test by e-mail
Based on our legitimate interest or your consent:
The provider of the e-mail distribution service (with whom we have concluded a processing contract and ensured the security of your personal information) for sending our newsletter.
Your personal data are thus provided to our contractual partners to perform the required services, or to contractual cooperating companies such as accounting and tax consultants or others who perform their services in compliance with a Processing Contract.
For proofreading or translations of texts from/into non-European languages, the data can be provided to a third country, i.e., a non-EU country, in which case we follow article 44 of the Regulation and we are aware of the fact that a particular country has its own adequate level of personal data protection, e.g., a legal state with respect to human rights and fundamental freedoms, the relevant legislation, both general and specific.
What rights do you have with respect to protection of personal data?
- Our client has the right to be informed about the processing of his/her personal data so that the principle of transparency of processing is complied with: You have the right, among other things, to know:
- the purpose of processing (why we want to process your personal data)
- the identity of the administrator (i.e., Skřivánek s.r.o.)
- our legitimate interests (why we want to give you the opportunity to stay in touch and send you commercial communications)
- the recipients of your personal data (do not worry, we have concluded processing contracts with our suppliers and we choose them carefully)
- right of access to personal data;
- right to rectification or supplementing;
- right to erasure;
- right to restriction of processing;
- right to data transferability;
- right to raise an objection;
- right not to be subject to automated individual decision-making with legal or similar effects, including profiling.
We will notify you about any breach of safety of your personal data if such breach poses a high risk to your rights and responsibilities.
You have the right to file a complaint with the Office for Personal Data Protection, contact: Pplk. Sochora 27, 170 00 Praha 7, email: email@example.com, data box: qkbaa2n
For how long?
We will process your personal data only for the time necessary to fulfil the purpose for which they were acquired. For example, when giving consent, the consent will be kept only until its date of expiry or until the data subject requests the data to be deleted. For the purpose of business relationships, data are processed until the point of termination of contractual obligations or lapse of legal grounds allowing us to process data.
Want to know even more?
If you have any questions in connection with the protection of your personal data and their processing in Skřivánek s.r.o., please send an e-mail to GDPR@skrivanek.cz.