Language level A1
- He/she understands often used everyday expressions and basic phrases enabling everyday satisfaction of basic living needs and knows how to use such phrases and expressions.
- Can introduce him/herself and others and can ask and answer questions about personal details such as where he/she lives, people he/she knows and things he/she has.
- He/she can easily converse, if the person with whom he/she is speaking speaks slowly and clearly and is willing to help him/her.
- Skřivánek language levels: total beginner.
Language level A2
- Can understand sentences and frequently used expressions related to areas of most immediate relevance (e.g. very basic personal and family information, shopping, local geography, employment).
- Can communicate during simple and routine tasks requiring a simple and direct exchange of information on familiar and routine matters.
- Can describe in simple terms aspects of his/her background, immediate environment and matters in areas of immediate need.
- Skřivánek language levels: beginner.
Language level B1
- In main areas he understands information about reliably known subjects, which he regularly encounters in work, in school, in free time, etc., if they are expressed in an obviously standard manner.
- Can deal with most situations likely to arise whilst travelling in an area where the language is spoken. Can produce simple connected text on topics which are familiar or of personal interest.
- He/she can describe experiences and events, dreams, hopes and desires and concisely explain his opinions and plans.
- Skřivánek language levels: pre-intermediate B1.
Language level B2
- He/she understands the main ideas of difficult texts both with specific and abstract ideas, including expert discussions about areas of specialisation.
- He/she can understand fluently and spontaneously enough that he can satisfactorily conduct regular dialogue with native speakers without greater effort on both sides.
- He/she can formulate a clear detailed text about a wide range of topics, explain a position regarding particular issues and state the advantages and disadvantages of various options.
- Skřivánek language levels: upper intermediate.
Language level C1
- Can understand a wide range of demanding, longer texts, and recognise implicit meaning.
- Can express him/herself fluently and spontaneously without much obvious searching for expressions.
- Can use language flexibly and effectively for social, academic and professional purposes.
- He/she can formulate a clear and well organised detailed text regarding difficult topics and can demonstrate conscientious use of principles of correct syntax, connecting expressions and means of expressing linked ideas in text.
- Skřivánek language levels: very advanced.
Language level C2
- Can understand with ease virtually everything heard or read.
- He/she can summarise information from various spoken and written sources, reconstruct arguments and explanations and present them in context.
- He/she can express himself spontaneously, very fluently and precisely and understands smoother shades of meaning even in more difficult situations.
- Skřivánek language levels: expert.
Do you want to find out your language level?
Test your knowledge with our online test.
We are here for you
Contact us and we will choose the right one for you.